Family Sponsorship Portal

As a family sponsor, a child and their caregivers will value you as a member of their family.

Thank you for sponsoring a family

UNLOCK A BRIGHTER FUTURE

Our unique family sponsorship programme is child sponsorship with a difference.  It does more than just help a child go to school – it provides training to the child’s caregiver too.

Sponsored Child Christmas Gifts

Support children and spread a little Christmas cheer with a gift this Christmas!

Write to your sponsored family

Use the form below to write directly to your sponsored family

Write your letter

My family used to live by begging but now we are suppliers and our mother has taught us to have a good heart and share. My mother can now keep us in school and provide us with all we need. Thank you.

Daphne

Frequently asked questions

Contact us
  • How does sponsorship work?

    As a child sponsor, you’ll have a unique connection with a child and their family. But to ensure that your donation is spent as effectively as possible, child sponsorship funds are split between helping your sponsored child go to school, and the caregiver gaining skills to improve their income. We will train the caregiver in a number of stills including conservation farming, business, health and hygiene to name but a few. We also aim to leave a community with clean water, and a mentoring programme for school children.

  • How does Gift Aid benefit Amigos?

    Gift Aid is a great government scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on donations made by UK taxpayers, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to Amigos at no extra cost to you. If you Gift Aid your donations we can claim back from the government 25p for every £1 you donate, boosting the value of the donation by a quarter.

  • How much does sponsorship cost?

    Sponsorship costs a minimum of £18 a month – that’s just 60p a day. 91% of this money is spent directly in Uganda. The remaining 9% is spend on UK costs i.e postage, printing, IT and office supplies. Your ‘giftaid’ is used to help with running costs.

  • Do children ever leave the sponsorship programme early?

    This can happen, but it’s rare. Sometimes, for example, a caregiver dies, leaving another family member to look after the child. This means the child may move to a different district that Amigos doesn’t operate in, but we will still do our best to support the child as much as possible. Our hope is that a child/family is sponsored for the duration of the programme (around three years), but rest assured we will contact you as soon as we receive news of a change in circumstances.

Show all FAQs