FAQs How much does child sponsorship cost? Sponsorship costs a minimum of £16 a month – that’s around 52p a day. Of this, 91% of funds are spent directly in Uganda. The remaining 9% is spent on UK costs such as postage, printing, IT and office supplies. Your Gift Aid is used to help with running costs. We are fortunate to have UK staff that go above and beyond running the child sponsorship programme, so we can maximise the amount which goes directly to Uganda. We raise funds separately for clean water projects.